In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Canadians, along with the rest of the world, have been forced to make serious changes to our day-to-day routines. As the country continues to enforce new rules and regulations in an effort to combat this virus, a larger number of people now find themselves self-isolating. This is a very difficult time for us all, but it is a necessary precaution.
To pass the time, numerous local and world-famous musicians and celebrities have begun posting concerts on various social media platforms using the hashtag #TogetherAtHome. Below are just a few of the many to be found. Be sure to check back, as many artists continue to post!
Chris Martin (Coldplay)
In addition to a wide variety of performances and concerts online, many literary databases, museums and other venues have begun to offer free online services at this time. These resources include:
- The Metropolitan Opera – New York’s Metropolitan Opera House will broadcast events as part of its “Live in HD” series through its homepage.
- JSTOR – A digital library that normally requires a subscription, the service has made some 6000 e-books and 150 journals free to the public.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – One of the world’s most well-known aquariums, based out of Monterey, California, has taken to giving virtual tours of their facility.
- Musée D’Orsay – Located in the heart of Paris, this museum houses the works of some of the world’s best known French artists.
- Netflix Party – As we practice social distancing, watching Netflix with your friends is still possible with this Google Chrome extension.